Thursday, September 24, 2015

Monitoring Your GAME Plan Progress...................

Image result for progress

Each week I will continue to strengthen my confidence and proficiency as I explore strategies for seamlessly integrating technology into your content area instruction. While developing my GAME Plan there were two standards in particular which the International Society developed for Technology in Education (ISTE). The first standard being to advocate, model, and teach safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology, including respect for copyright, intellectual property, and the appropriate documentation of sources. My plan thus far seems to be moving along in the right direction. In the following weeks I will continue to make improvements to my game plan by working hard, and collaborating with my colleagues at the middle school and high school level, as well as my Walden University classmates and instructor.

Image result for progress

The second standard I am working with is the National Educational Technology Standards to facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity by enhancing the learning environment of my students through technology. This goal aligns with the indicator- Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments. I have been looking at various websites and other teacher blogs and classroom blogs to gain a variety of ideas to facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity by enhancing the learning environment of my students through technology. At this stage of my GAME plan I am consistently monitoring my progress. I am attempting to provide my students opportunities to learn through technology by promoting, modeling, and demonstrating positive aspects of communication. I want to also integrate learning activities through technology that meet the needs of the diverse learners in my classroom through the integration of projects that that address learning styles, working strategies, and abilities. I also want to continue integrating 21st skills in the learning process of all students.


References:
Cennamo, K., Ross, J. & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach. (Laureate Education, Inc., Custom ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.
Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2009). Integrating technology across the content areas: Assessing student learning with technology. Baltimore, MD: Author.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Michele
    Great post this week! I struggled with finding a system to monitor progress from lesson to lesson and found that leaving quick notes at the end of my plans for things that worked and things to note to never do again has helped at the end of each lesson. Like you, I too have been trying to find blogs and teaching profiles to follow for ideas and tricks that work for their classrooms. I have started following the TechTeacher blogs and Facebook pages and have found her ideas very helpful! I definitely recommend checking her page out if you haven't already. She also has templates to download for free! I would love to hear what blogs and sites you have found useful as well!

    Rebecca DiCicco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,

    Thank you for your response, I agree quick notes are always a great idea. I find this especially true when things do not work as well as when I think of something spur of the moment that I think would have been helpful. If I say I will remember it later many times I forget. When it comes to sites there are so many and I think I am a bit unorthodox in my ways. I will have a lesson or idea and start searching ideas and build a lesson based on all of the concepts and ideas that seem to be the most beneficial. I think this comes from home schooling my children and having to build my curriculum and lesson plans from scratch.

    Thanks
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele,

    The hardest part of the modeling ethical use of information for me has been attributing all the images that I have found on Google that I use in my presentations or handouts. I have found that easiest way to do so has been to copy the images URL after I past the image somewhere and just append it in a text box directly underneath the images as I insert them in my presentation. Using Power Point this is relatively easily. However, Google Slides let you search and add images through there software which sometimes makes it difficult to find the source of the image. Thus, I have take to not using this feature and just find the image I want to use on Google images and copying the URL and pasting it in to the "add image from URL" link in Google slides. Hope this helps! Great post!

    Regards,

    Marcie Curcie

    ReplyDelete