Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Developing Your Personal GAME Plan



Image result for technology game plan

In order to become more proficient I plan to work on familiarizing myself with the safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology, including respect for copyright, intellectual property, and the appropriate documentation of sources. Once I have become more familiar I will then introduce it to my students. I will emphasize digital responsibility through the use of online ethics. This goal aligns with the indicator- Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility as listed in indicator A on the ISTE website.

I will also work with the National Educational Technology Standards to facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity by enhancing the learning environment of my students through technology. This goal aligns with the indicator- Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments. It is our job as educators to utilize our knowledge to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments. By utilizing technology we can engage students in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and resources.

I will monitor my progress by setting dates to assess what goals we have reached and adjust accordingly. In order to stay on top of new technologies I will work with others, research, follow blogs, etc. I will also design rubrics to utilize when creating digital projects. This rubric will include ethical use of digital information and documenting sources. This will hold the students accountable for this standard from the beginning so there can be no excused that they did not know.

To evaluate and extend my learning again I plan to utilize blogs, peers, and a variety of other resources to stay on top of current trends. Collaboration is key, by utilizing technology we can collaborate with people in our schools or around the world. Designing lessons incorporating the content that is required by the curriculum, but by also connecting the content to current or real-world situations will aid in monitoring my progress but also the progress of my students. As with any new lesson we need to reflect on how the lesson/unit went, and make changes as needed based on the response and the results. I will also utilize observations, suggestions, student comments, and overall successes and failures to aid in evaluations and monitor. 

Image result for technology game plan
References:
                                        
International Society for Technology in Education. (2008). National education standards for teachers (NETS-T). Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-teachers

Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2009). Integrating technology across the content areas: Enriching content area learning experiences with technology, part 2. Baltimore, MD: Author.


Prensky, M. (2008). Turning on the lights. Educational Leadership, 65(6), 40–45.
Retrieved from the Academic Search Complete database. 

6 comments:

  1. Great post!

    I find it overwhelming to personally make sure digital safety is a key factor when letting students use the internet. Your GAME plan looks very well thought out and I'm sure you are setting yourself up for success. As I continue to build confidence in the use of technology in the classroom I find it a lot easier to start small. grating one pieces of collaborative internet use per class subject. I made the mistake of biting off more than I could handle and it rapidly became overwhelming for myself and students. I like how you said the key is collaboration. This is so very rue especially now with 21st century learning. We will make greater strides in education when we take on new technologies and resources as a team. I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future!

    -Rebecca DiCicco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca,

      I have also in the past bit off more than I can chew and can completely relate to you. I appreciate all of your feedback and completely agree collaboration is the key to success.

      Thank you
      Michele

      Delete
  2. Good Evening,
    I think the two goals you have set are a wonderful paring that compliment one another and can easily see how in your description your success in this plan. I know it is important for students to be able to ethically use digital information and therefore ensure they site other people's information in their won work to avoid plagiarism.
    You mentioned the use of blogs, peers, and other resources to ensure the success of your Game Plan. I too am using those same resources in my own plan because I feel like they are easiest and most reliable sources.
    Good Luck with your plan!
    Josh Peterson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josh,

      Thank you for your feedback, I truly appreciate it. It is nice to know that others are utilizing the same resources, it certainly provides more validity for my choices.

      Thanks
      Michele

      Delete
  3. Hello!
    You have an excellent GAME plan! It is clear and concise. Do you students have their own email account or preferably Google email? Have you ever used Google Classroom? It is a great way to collaborate with students and their parents. Parents can see exactly what their students are learning in class. Assignments can be shared online instead of paper/pencil methods. There are so many other features that I have not even had the chance to look at. Just a suggestion. Great GAME plan and good luck!
    Raegan Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raegan,

      Thank you very much for your feedback. Yes, my students all have a Google email. I have not used Google Classroom but I will certainly be checking this out thanks to you.

      Thank you

      Delete